Saturday, March 24, 2007

Mesmo não vendo, depois de um pôr do sol, há sempre o seu nascer.












Álbum: Sunset.
Dedicado a: Oriana's grandfather.


Dear diary,

Today, in my early morning, I got up and took one of those baths! I took so long to prepare myself that even my conscience kept my angel regarded. After all I knew what would come up next. If you remember, what I believe you do, seven years ago my grandfather, John Nash, was put into an elderly home. On that first page of my diary I wrote all the most incomprehensible and frustrated words whenever wrote by me in order to express the knife crossed into my heart.

I have always admired my grand. Each word he is capable to say makes my worries to vanish and give space to a deep reflection on his knowledge. The simplicity of his words contrast with the elaborated message he tries to transmit. His eyes never allowed him to rephrase a sentence. What you could not understand from what he said, was probably due to the lack of emphasis that his advanced age limited him, but once again, his eyes touched every other soul in a way that, what he wanted to say was not exposed to ignorance, but limited to be direct to our heart. When I arrived there, a farm in the middle of the nowhere, he stood in front of a tree in the direction of the lake. Deeply regretting all the missed years, and wondering if he would still remember me, I waited one hour before my approach. Before I could say anything he stroke: ‘I knew you would come.’ My emotions flew away and just both our souls remained there. He didn’t move, and yearning for looking at him I moved into his front. I sat at his feet waiting for forgiveness but it didn’t come out as I expected. We had just started talking when he asked me to keep silence. There was the sunset: ‘I knew one day he would come.’ He fell aside me and I only understood what had really happened when the tremendous white foam came out of his mouth.

I came back home, sat here and knowing all the good you’ve brought to me, I say a short goodbye saying that this is the last day I write, the day when the sun disappeared once again, but once for all.

Beijos e abraços,
João Santos.



Texto por: João dos Santos
Fotografia por: João dos Santos

5 comments:

João Curvêlo said...

Olá, João.
Passei só mesmo para te desejar boa sorte com o teu blog e exigir que escrevas mais. Estarei cá para dar a minha opinião - isso é certo.

Por enquanto, passa pelos meus blogs (em especial pelo "Pedra no Caminho", que é o mais antigo).

Abraço,
JFC

Anonymous said...

É mesmo krida, toda a mensagem do texto... Adoro a tua simplicidades, como ja te disse um milhao de vezes, mas é mesmo verdade!!

Bjao

Unknown said...

Epah só tenho uma palavra a dizer : Que espectáculo! (eu sei que são duas xD ) Ouve o texto está excelente! Transmite uma grande mensagem ! Quanto a mim , é comovente =)

Beijinho grande!

Anonymous said...

Amor,
fiquei contente em ver este texto aqui! De pensar que a primeira vez que o ouvi era 00:30! Tens a certeza que estavas só a praticar para inglês? É que pões um sentimento em cada palavra que parece que viveste mesmo tudo isso! Não imaginas como te admiro. Como admiro a tua facilidade de escrever e de por em palavras o que sentes e o que não sentes. Admiro-te e pronto!

Amo-te! @@

Susana Pereira said...

tá muito, muito e infinitamente muito bonito o texto :) é como a aimara diz, tu pões um sentimento em cada palavra que, meu Deus, é uma carga de emoções só esta pequena parte da tua imaginação e criatividade! Fico mesmo contente de te ver assim, a expressares.te pela escrita e a aproveitares uma das bastantes coisas que sabes fazer perfeitamente bem, a forma de te mostrares ao mundo de uma maneira tão simples e ao mesmo tempo tão complexa. You are just perfect in that subject. Keep doing things like that one. You are just a native writer. Show us what you can do and you'll feel like a bird flying to the moon, because the feeling of freedom is just like you feel when you expressing yourself correctly like you do it. :P sei k que escreves muito melhor ingles que eu, mas apeteceu.me também praticar o inglês aqui :P loool. Vai praticando assim e qualquer dia ninguem te pára e quem te parar só pode ser uma editora :D !

Bjao, adoro.te muito e mais um pouco que ontem ;)

Susana